Competitive Salary plus benefits (25 days holiday, Pension, Cycle to Work Scheme)
Ecomar propulsion are an award-winning small company with a big vision! We are on a mission to reduce maritime greenhouse gas emissions by 10 million tonnes within 10 years.
Using a team of highly skilled engineers and technical experts, we research, develop and produce high performance electric and hybrid hydrogen marine propulsion systems. Winner of the Best Marine Propulsion Systems Manufacturer 2022, Ecomar have already been recognised as an SME which demonstrates an exemplary approach to research, design and manufacture. They are also proud to have reached the finals of the Maritime UK Diversity Champion awards 2022.
With the reduction of emissions and safeguarding of the oceans always in mind, Ecomar is playing it’s part in Europe’s ambition to be climate neutral by 2050, as well as fast becoming a recognised Global player in Green Marine.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Marine Electrical Design Engineer to join us in Fareham, Hampshire. The present team of systems, electrical, mechanical, and manufacturing engineers is growing rapidly.
This position will work hand in hand with the systems engineering team to both design and create physical prototypes of electrical systems used in fully electric and hybrid
hydrogen-electric marine propulsion systems.
- Developing electrical system concepts.
- Implementing detailed electrical system designs (schematics, wiring diagrams, etc) to internal design specifications and relevant industry standards.
- Creating wiring loom designs suitable for implementation by a team of production
- Building prototype electrical systems for electric and hybrid marine propulsion systems.
- Assisting in the creation of verification plans for developed electrical systems.
- Assisting in the verification of products, systems, and sub-systems.
- Presenting design outputs in design reviews with contemporaries and other project stakeholders.
- Contributing in DFM / cost-out and other design-optimisation processes.
- Assisting in the creation of product user-documentation etc.
- Providing feedback to project management regarding sub-task progress and time estimations.
- Degree qualification (or equivalent) in electrical, electronic or systems engineering.
- 1-3 years’ experience in marine, automotive, manufacturing or EV industry or similar.
- Strong experience in electrical design processes such as component selection, conductor sizing, creepage/clearance distance determination, fuse coordination, etc.
- Knowledge of common industry electrical design standards.
- Excellent hands-on skills in the creation of prototype and production-level electrical systems for applications in the marine, automotive or other similar industries.
- Experience of the full product design lifecycle from concept through to production.
- Ability to use CAD software (preferably Autocad Electrical) for documenting electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and wiring loom designs.
- Experience in integrating electrical and electronic systems developed by other companies.
If you think you could be a good fit for this position then please send your CV to Rachel Keen (email@example.com).
No agencies please.