Competitive Salary, plus benefits (25 days holiday, Pension, Cycle to Work Scheme)
Ecomar propulsion are an award-winning small company with a big vision! We are on a mission to reduce maritime greenhouse gas by 10 million tonnes within 10 years.
Using a team of highly skilled engineers and technical experts, we research, develop and produce high performance electric and hybrid hydrogen marine propulsion systems. Winner of the Best Marine Propulsion Systems Manufacturer 2022, Ecomar have already been recognised as an SME which demonstrates an exemplary approach to research, design and manufacture. They are also proud to have reached the finals of the Maritime UK Diversity Champion awards 2022.
With the reduction of emissions and safeguarding of the oceans always in mind, Ecomar is playing it’s part in Europe’s ambition to be climate neutral by 2050, as well as fast becoming a recognised Global player in Green Marine.
We are seeking a passionate, high performing Senior Systems Engineer for a disruptive research, development, and manufacturing company for the clean marine propulsion sector. Our present team of systems, electrical, mechanical, and manufacturing engineers is growing rapidly.
This new role of Senior Systems Engineer will be key in advising the Technical Director/Board and leading the design and project delivery teams on all aspects of systems engineering work undertaken by the company to ensure the on-time, on-quality, and on-cost achievement of objectives in a fast-paced developing market.
The key responsibilities of a Senior Systems Engineer include, but not limited to:
- Helping to elicit business/customer requirements for electric and hybrid marine propulsion systems.
- Performing standards analyses to ascertain any that should be applied to the product design to ensure the systems are safe, reliable and achieve high performance.
- Producing technical design specifications from identified business / customer requirements to convey design requirements to internal and external software, hardware and mechanical design teams.
- Developing reliable system architectures for electric and hybrid marine propulsion systems to meet commercial, technical, legal, environmental and quality requirements.
- Creating verification plans for developed systems and sub-systems.
- Implementing system-level detailed designs (drawings, schematics, etc).
- Overseeing verification and validation testing of products, systems and sub-systems.
- Leading design reviews with customers and internal business stakeholders.
- Providing support and guidance to junior engineering team members.
- Contributing in DFM / cost-out and other design-optimisation processes.
- Assisting in the creation of product user-documentation etc.
- Assisting in the creation of product manufacturing plans.
- Providing feedback to project management regarding sub-task progress and time estimations.
The key skills and qualities of Senior Systems Engineer are:
- Strong experience in the development of high-technology systems in highly regulated industries (automotive, marine, aerospace, etc).
- An in-depth background and prior hands-on experience in the development of electrical, electronic or systems-based products.
- Proven track record of modern and innovative methods of manufacture.
- Degree qualification in electrical, electronic, software or system engineering (or equivalent).
- Ability to convey design decisions and design constraints to other team members in concise specifications and design reports.
- Ability to use CAD software for documenting system schematics.
- Knowledge of vehicle-based control systems and vehicle-based electrical power distribution systems.
- Experience in integrating electrical, electronic, mechanical or hydraulic systems developed by other teams/companies.
- Experience conducting reliability and safety analyses, creating product and system verification plans and running and overseeing product and system testing.
- Experience working to a quality management system (e.g. ISO9001).
If you think you could be a good fit for this position then please send your CV to Rachel Keen (email@example.com).
No agencies please.