Full Time, Competitive Salary – Fareham, England
Are you an ambitious mechanical engineer and product delivery focused individual? Have you gained professional experience following further education and are looking to develop your career into a growing industry at the forefront of EV technology? If so, we are looking for you.
We are seeking a passionate, high performing Mechanical Design Engineer for a disruptive research, development, and manufacturing company for the clean marine propulsion sector. Our present team of systems, electrical, mechanical, and manufacturing engineers is growing rapidly.
This new role of Mechanical Design Engineer will be key in working with the engineering team to ensure the success of R&D, design and manufacturing projects through planning to timely and on-cost completion. You will work with a multi-skilled team, alongside educational institutions with many opportunities for development, learning and progression.
- Developing design concepts from a blank sheet of paper
- Working with other design engineers to ensure design integration
- Progressing designs from a concept level to a high quality, detailed design
- Creating high quality manufacturing drawings from part and assembly designs
- Contribute and lead DFM / cost-out design optimisation processes
- Using CAE tools (Solidworks Simulation, Solidworks Flow Simulation, etc.) to analyse optimise designs for performance, cost and reliability
- Verify designs to ensure they meet all requirements in applicable design specifications
- Verifying mechanical design outputs from other engineers
- Leading design reviews with customers and internal business stakeholders
- Assisting in the environmental life-cycle assessment of developed products
- Assisting in the performance and documentation of product validation exercises (validation analyses, compliance matrices etc)
- Assisting in the creation of product user-documentation etc.
- Assisting in the creation of product manufacturing plans
- Providing feedback to project management regarding sub-task progress and time estimations
- Work to Ecomar Propulsion’s design and verification processes
Ecomar Propulsion is an ambitious new company developing clean propulsion systems for the marine environment. The ‘Purpose’ of Ecomar is to Research, Develop and Manufacture high quality and ‘marine safe’ clean electric propulsion systems.
All employees are expected to use their best endeavours, each day, to ensure that the Purpose is foremost in their thinking and delivery of their personal outputs.
- Benefits: 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Degree qualification or extensive experience in mechanical engineering or product design (or equivalent)
- 1-3 years experience in marine, automotive, manufacturing or EV industry or similar
- Motivated self starter, strong time management, critical thinker, organised project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong sense of reasoning to match engineering outcomes with commercial requirements
- Ability to create top-level design concepts that overcome difficult engineering problems
- Excellent skills realising design concepts using Solidworks CAD software
- Knowledge and experience of varied materials and manufacturing methods including casting, machining, fabrication and moulding
- Knowledge and experience of GD&T
- Strong mechanical drafting skills
- Hands-on prototyping, assembly, and prototype part reworking skills
- Experience in using FEA to analyse structural suitability of designed parts and assemblies
- Experience in creating designs optimised for manufacture (DFM)
- Understanding of material selection for marine environments
- Experience working to a quality management system (e.g. ISO9001)
- Interest of marine engineering
- Experience of operating boats
- Keen interest in environmental sustainability
- Experience in using CFD for thermal and flow analysis
- Experience of integrating cabling and piping into mechanical designs
- Experience of designing electromechanical parts (bus bars, insulator plates etc)
- Experience of designing hydraulic systems and integrating hydraulic components
- Experience working with Solidworks PDM
- Experience of performing life-cycle assessment to investigate the environmental impact of the proposed design
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com